In this special year, believers around the world are called to renew their
commitment to the faith that is always the same, yet the source of ever new light.
Pope Benedict XVI has proclaimed a Year of Faith beginning October 11, 2012 and concluding on November 24, 2013, the Feast of Christ the King.
The start of this Year of Faith coincides with the anniversaries of two great events that have marked the life of the Church:
- The 50th anniversary of the opening of the Second Vatican Council
- The 20th anniversary of the publication of the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
The Year of Faith is intended to:
- Contribute to the renewed conversion to the Lord Jesus
- To help us rediscover our Faith
- To enable the members of the Church to be credible and joy-filled witnesses to the Risen Lord, capable of leading those many people who are seeking it to the door of faith
The Diocese and Christ the King Parish will offer a variety of experiences to help you grow in your faith and in your relationship with God during this special year of grace.